My business might be little, but over the years it has done big things for others.
After all, it is your success that drives mine.
The Web Matters story, is very much also my story and about my strong desire to be self employed and to work in a way that aligned with my personal values.
After 11 years in the website design industry, I realised the only way to work in a business that matched my values of fairness, professionalism and honesty, was to create my own.
So in 2006, I started Web Matters with the goal of providing a personalised and friendly design service.
I knew many people had been 'burned' by web companies and 'fly by nighter freelancers'. So I wanted to take away some of the fear factor out of getting a website by being upfront, transparent and very honest.
I worked hard to turn the website design process into one that made getting a website an easy and enjoyable process. I knew it was vitally important to nurture long-lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with my clients. I'm happy to say, I've achieved this and much more - with many clients staying with me for over ten years.
Back in 1995 when I built my first ever website, the web was a very different place. But, the basic principles of website design and marketing have remained pretty much the same, build a website that resonates with your target audience.
Why Web Matters?
Working with a small business has some obvious advantages, these include:
- Continuity of service over many years
- Building a rapport and an easy working relationship
- Work with a very experienced and professional web consultant
- Benefit from my years of digital business experience
- I will get to know you and your business and listen carefully
- More than just a number or a 'project to be managed'
- Deal directly with the owner of the company