I’m frequently asked for email recommendations. It’s a big topic, as there are many options available and they can differ considerably in their features, ease of use, cost and reliability. Due to all the different options available, it can become quite confusing very quickly.
Email is the lifeblood of any business, so it’s important to get it right, and the last thing you want is to find your email is offline, or just not up to the job. So what does a modern business need in email these days?
Ideally, you will want:
- Easy to set up and use
- Very high reliability
- Easy for 3rd party IT people to support (as it is well known system)
- Has an app for mobile phones, to allow for quick and easy checking of email and replies when out of the office
- Everything is synced up – so that every device you login from shows the same new emails and replies
- Comes with an easy to set up signature
- Has a few tricks up its sleeve such as ‘canned’ responses (for emails you send over and over again)
- Encryption of your emails
- Excellent anti-spam / junk mail filtering
- A way to file emails into folders
- An excellent search facility so you can find any email with a few keyword searches
- A large amount of storage space
- The ability to safely download attachments – or save them to cloud storage
- Two factor authentication for your login
- Excellent security
To provide a recommendation, you really need to know a service, and the one service I know is the email service that comes with G Suite. Not only is the email an excellent way to manage your business emails, but if comes with cloud storage (Google Drive) and excellent office applications such as Google Docs and Google Sheets.
To sign up for a 14-day free trial of the G Suite service, go to https://goo.gl/ybBzJy and follow the setup instructions from Google.