Want to talk to us about this service?
Book a free 15 minute phone consultation with us online. Click on the button below, complete the form and we will call you to discuss further at the time and day you've chosen.
You've got a WordPress website that someone built for you. You now want to do updates yourself, but you're too busy to learn on your own. You want to get new content onto your website quickly and efficiently without waiting for someone else to do it for you.
We remove some of the learning curve, covering the fundamentals of WordPress website management and updates. We will empower you to take charge and get the most out of your website with training at your office* in how to use your website.
We will sit with you, working through your training needs, showing you how your site has been set up, what you can change, how to change it, along with giving you ideas on what else you might do.
*we find it's more practical to train you using the resources and systems you have available in-house.
- We ask you what you want to achieve with the website
- We will find out from you what is giving you the most trouble
- We will login to your website and assess your website set up
- We will ask you to forward any documentation you have from your website designer / developer
- We will let you know if we find any updates needed with your website or any issues we've spotted with the set up
- We then tailor a training session to your unique requirements and set up
- Initial training session is 1.5 hours
- We come to you (must be in the Christchurch area)
Things we can cover in the website training session
Here are some suggestions on what we might cover in your first or subsequent training sessions.
We can customise the training session based on what you most need to learn.
Preparing Web Content & Doing Updates
- Basic photo editing
- Sourcing free and commercial photos
- How to brief a professional photographer
- How to take your own team photos like a pro
- How to add links between pages
- How to upload a PDF file and link to it
- How to update your menu system
- Creating website enquiry forms
- How to use Page Builders
- Updating banners and slideshows
- How to structure your content
- Creating graphics using services like Canva
- Designing for mobile users
- Understanding the rule of thirds / odds
SEO & Marketing & Online Marketing
- Basic search engine optimisaton (SEO)
- How to publish a blog post
- Creating FAQ sections
- Creating call to actions
- Designing landing pages for your advertising campaigns
- Adding chat to your website
- Email subscriber forms linked to the site
- Social media sharing
- Linking forms to a CRM system
WordPress Security & General Houskeeping
- How to update your menu system
- Keeping WordPress up to date
- Installing / updating plugins
- Checking on backups of the website
- Creating new users
- Updating / installing new themes
- Security measures you can take to help protect your site
- Two factor authentication
This website training is ideally suited for:
- Office administrators who are in charge of website updates
- Executive assistants
- Marketing managers
- In-house marketing coordinators
- Self-employed or freelancers
- Any one delegated with doing the website updates, blogs etc
What we will need:
- Prior to training: a login to your website so we can work out how it’s set up
- A list of your questions
- Your website goals
- A quiet place to train you (for those working on reception, please ensure you are excused for at least one hour)
Your website trainer - Michelle
Michelle is a highly experienced WordPress web designer with over 20 years of experience. She has worked with hundreds of business in that time, and has trained many businesses in how to use WordPress for their business websites.
Michelle will come onsite to your office to work with you directly on the website.