Your Website Challenge
You've got a WordPress website that someone built for you. You now want to do updates yourself, but you're too busy to learn on your own. You want to get new content onto your website quickly and efficiently without waiting for someone else to do it for you.
My Training Solution
I will remove some of the learning curve, covering the fundamentals of WordPress website management and updates. I will empower you to take charge and get the most out of your website with individualised training.
I will show you how your website has been set up, what you can change, how to change it, along with giving you ideas on what else you might do.
Is your Web Developer MIA?
If you don't currently have a web designer or developer actively taking care of your website, it's probably best that I do an audit on your website. I'm frequently finding problems with WordPress website set ups.
The WordPress Training Process
- Important! Your website must be in good working order. If you think you have problems, the site will need to be debugged and audited first.
- If you website is working well, I will start by finding out what you want to learn.
- You'll then book a Zoom session with me
- The initial training session is 1 hour and will involve you sharing your screen with me while you are logged into your website
- I can then talk you through your website setup.
Things we can cover in the website training session
Here are some suggestions on what we might cover in your first or subsequent training sessions.
I can customise the training session based on what you most need to learn.
Preparing Web Content & Doing Updates
- Basic photo editing
- Sourcing free and commercial photos
- How to brief a professional photographer
- How to take your own team photos like a pro
- How to add links between pages
- How to upload a PDF file and link to it
- How to update your menu system
- Creating website enquiry forms
- How to use Page Builders
- Updating banners and slideshows
- How to structure your website content
- Creating graphics using services like Canva
- Designing for mobile users
WordPress Security & General Houskeeping
- How to update your menu system
- Keeping WordPress up to date
- Installing / updating plugins
- Checking on backups of the website
- Creating new users
- Updating / installing new themes
- Security measures you can take to help protect your site
- Two factor authentication
SEO & Marketing & Online Marketing
- Basic search engine optimisaton (SEO)
- How to publish a blog post
- Creating FAQ sections
- Creating call to actions
- Designing landing pages for your advertising campaigns
- Adding chat to your website
- Email subscriber forms linked to the site
- Social media sharing
- Linking forms to a CRM system
This website training is ideally suited for:
- Office administrators.
- Executive assistants.
- Marketing managers
- In-house marketing coordinators.
- Self-employed or freelancers who need their site to work super hard for them.
- Any one delegated with doing the website updates, blogs etc.
What I will need:
- Confirmation that your website is working fine.
- What you want to know.
- A quiet time to train you.
- A zoom call booked.
About your website trainer
Hi there, I've been training my own clients for many years in how to update their own website. I'm now offering this service to anyone with a WordPress website anywhere within a friendly time zone!
I've been working on WordPress websites and blogs since 2007.